Duke Energy is pleased to provide the opportunity for you to share your thoughts in the NIC’s comments section. To join the conversation, submit a brief comment in the form provided at the end of each post. All comments are submitted to moderation, but your comment should be reviewed within 24 hours.
The NIC is a passive conduit for online comments and Duke Energy does not have the obligation to publish all comments submitted. We review and track comment activity regularly and will sometimes remove those that are in violation of the guidelines below:
- Comments with language that degrades others on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Comments with threatening, intimidating, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane language.
- Name-calling about private individuals or commenters.
- Material that can be considered an invasion of privacy. This includes phone numbers, email addresses, URLs or other specific personal information.
- Comments that are “off-topic” – unrelated to the topic of the article or the comments of others.
- Comments that are repeatedly posted (cut/paste/spamming)
- Solicitations of any type
- Attempts to communicate an obscenity or profanity by using punctuation or dashes to partially spell out an offensive word.
- Comments where it appears the commenter is masquerading as another person.
- Information that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Comments that instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Duke Energy does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of communications posted in comments or endorse any opinions expressed in comments. By entering the commenting area, you acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other commenters will be at your own risk.